Head of Application Engineering
2015 - present
Independently consulting for Stockholm based http://augify.com.
Bringing new immersive products of understanding to life with state-of-the-art technology and deep learning algorithms.
- Application architecture and engineering
- Complex data visualisation using d3 and cytoscape
- Data harvesting framework enabling search analytics using ElasticSearch
- Machine learning applications with tools such as word2vec and more
Working with several clients including
- At Night Management
2014 - 2015
Managing Advisa’s software engineering team with 8 direct reports. Responsibility for the entirety of the software product and technical platform including architecture, direction, compliance, security, maintenance, stability and reliability. Continuously builds and maintains the engineering team with individuals, structures and processes. Budget responsibility for the engineering team, IT infrastructure, software services and system operation costs. Ensures technical platform is evolving in direction with business needs and solves most accurate problems facing company vision.
Technical advisor and strategist as part of the executive management. Continuously working with vision, long term strategy short/long-term goals and organisation optimization in an ever changing market. Responsible for the technical perspective in strategic processes of both growth and retrenchment. Enables and supervises prognosis, assessment and planning of several vital business aspects. Secures sufficient focus for continuous stabilisation of the technical platform.
- Maintained and strengthened team spirit and cohesion across several challenging periods
- Reassessment of business needs and appropriate research enabled rethinking existing solutions to increase quality and reduce maintenance costs
- Focused team efforts on what is most important by increasing transparency and insight
- Increased individual potential for personal growth by establishing and securing clear and well-rounded responsibilities
- Reduced stress and time spent on less-valued and developing tasks by implementing new structures and processes
Appointed overall responsibility for system stability, reliability and bugs. Team lead for communication routines such as daily stand-ups. Coaching team members in engineering challenges, prioritization dilemmas and introducing developers to new systems and parts of the product.
- Severe known bugs reduction to zero within 3 weeks
- Technical debt reduction by identifying pitfalls and ensuring dissemination of knowledge
- Angular.js client structure for quality and speed
- Performance optimizations by analyzing, coaching and improving uses of MySQL
- Reliability increase by reasearching, coaching and applying best practices in the Node.js platform
2013 - 2014
Design, development, maintenance and evaluation of Advisa’s internal, external systems and integrations. Built, launched and maintained several fundamental components and systems that today are vital to Advisa’s business and enables several strategic advantages.
- Node.js and Angular.js based CRM platform fully integrated with our own telephony solution
- Automation of customer facing employees workflow
- Engine for building, tracking and extending complex customer, product and business processes
- Platform-wide migration from Ruby on Rails to Node.js
2012 - 2013
One of ten consultant developers that provides data layer, data replication, internal systems and external web for Sweden's largest real estate agency with 250 offices around the country.
- Automation of combining potential buyers and sellers with support for maintaining matching relations and communication
- Web based CRM system prototype based on Angular.js and WebAPI